10 July 2012

Nothing new on the Belgian front

Mr. Sandman brought him a dream
The wonders of a night's rest.
I woke up to a happier version of me and couldn't be more pleased.  I don't like my gloomy, crabby alter ego who surfaces every now and then when I get hit by PMS. Luckily, she's back in the box and I would like to keep her in there for at least a couple of months. Miss Scales was also of the opinion that I needed a little morale booster this morning so she prompty indicated a -400g loss. After a bad Monday, I was starting this Tuesday way better

During my morning stroll through Bloglines, I came across FatChickToFitChick's last post about Fat Grievances and I think many of us who have a significant amount of extra weight to shed will recognise a few, if not all points she mentioned on her list. I know that I am regularly confronted with the inconveniences of being a "big girl".  Not later than this morning, I got another reminder of how much easier my life would be if I was "regular" sized.  When I arrived at the office, I noticed that the front door to the building was stuck (again) and could only open up a 30cm gap. I just stared at the door debating with myself whether I would try to squeeze myself past it or not. Eventually, the probability (bordering on certainty) of getting stuck in the middle and embarrassing myself in front of everyone made me decide against it. A slim woman who arrived at the same time, slipped in without a problem and the way she looked at me … I don’t know how to define it, but pitiful would be my guess.  Invisibility never seemed so appealing as at that very moment. So did what I always do : I made a joke about it, straightened my back and trudged back through the rain to the other side of the building in order to access my office through the garage. I am sure the slim lady doesn’t remember this incident (at least I hope so), but I still do. Isn't that sad?

Otherwise this day was pretty uneventful.  The cravings for sweets and other in between meals snack disappeared with my grumpy mood.  I guess there's no denying that I am an emotional eater. But this time I didn't give in. So I am hopeful for the future. 

Hump day tomorrow and another day closer to the holidays. Something to look forward to.

Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pts (half skimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestle fitness cereals 5pts, a glass of pear juice 2pts and an apple)

Lunch : 9 pts (Beef Sukiyaki Bento : 100g steak 3pts, 125g rice 4pts, 1tsp of sugar 1pt, 1 tsp of butter 1pt,  2 tbs of shoju and all veggies 0pt)

Dinner : 17 pts (1&1/3 serving of endives, minced pork/beef, lean bacon & potatoes)

Snacks : 1 cup of pumpkin soup 3pts (I was going for some groceries before heading home and would therefore have dinner later than usual. From experience, shopping on an empty stomach is a very bad idea)

Unused : 10 pts

Drinks :   2.5L still water and 1 earl grey tea with 2 canderel sweets (it's freaking cold for July)

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.688 kcal


No comments: