2 July 2012

Fitbit activity tracker

First pleasant surprise this morning: Miss Scales told me that I lost a bit of weight again.  Obviously I am very happy about every downward move, but at the same time the longer the trend continues, the more I am expecting a sudden rise.  Time will tell I guess, but right now, my mood couldn't be better.

I have been looking at activity trackers for over a week now, but couldn't make up my mind on which one to buy.  I hesitated between the fitbit, the jawbone up and the Nike fuel band which all had pros and cons.  In the end I picked the fitbit ultra plum and ordered it today on amazon.  It should arrive before the end of the week and then I'll have the whole weekend to fiddle with it.  What eventually made up my mind was its discret size, meaning I would be able to wear it every day.  Obviously at a certain moment, the weight loss will show (from experience, people only start noticing something is up once I lose at least 20kg) but I don't want to advertise what I am up to.  Moreover, wearing a rubbery wristband would definitely clash with my office outfit and draw more attention to it. 

I can't wait for my little gadget to arrive :o)

Until tomorrow ...




Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pts (half skimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestle fitness cereals 5pts, a glass of fruitjuice 2pts and an apple) - same as every day

Lunch : 11 pts (Tian Provençal Bento 100g rice 3pts, veal/pork meatballs 6pts, olive oil 2pts, fruits and veggies 0pts)

Dinner : 12 pts (140g steak 4pts, unweighed portion of potatoes 7pts, olive oil 1pt, brocoli 0pts)

Unused : 17 pts

Drinks : 2.5L still water.


No comments: