11 July 2012

Bold move

After much pondering, I decided to add a new page to the blog with facts and figures ... and pictures.  I am still not 100% convinced by the whole picture posting thing, but I guess I have the face the fact that I look the way I do and come to terms with it. At least for the time being, because I expect to see some changes in my appearence quite soon! 

I don't know if I am the only one but there always seem to be discrepencies between what I see in the mirror and how it looks on picture. Oddly (or not), pictures invariably look horrible. This is also the reason why I have been absent from any picture in our albums for the past decade.  Somehow I manage to convince myself by looking in the mirror that, yes I am fat, but I manage to hide it rather well.  Duh ... I am only kidding myself of course.  Same thing with buying clothes.  I take a pair of trousers, think no way, those are way too large, decide to try them on anyways, only to find out that they are too small. O_o  What the hell is wrong with me?  Maybe something I'll have to discuss with the psychologist, who will be assessing my candidature to the programme in two weeks time.

Because I fail to see any improvement in my appearance at the moment (this morning : unchanged weight but lower fat percentage), I was looking for ways to visualise the amount of weight lost.  I found a list on the net with weight equivalents but as it is expressed in pounds and contains many US food references, it didn't really serve its purpose for me.

I finally opted for ... sugar packs, that come in 1 kg format.  I could have picked butter packs but I would have needed twice as many pictures and that would just have been gross to begin with.  So sugar packs it is ... a whole palet of them, one pack per kilo.  I am greying out those that have already disappeared.


How do you visualise you weight loss?  Or don't you feel the need to have an extra visual support?

Until tomorrow ...



Overview of my day :

Breakfast : 10 pts (half skimmed milk 3pts, 45g nestle fitness cereals 5pts, a glass of pear juice 2pts and an apple)

Lunch : 13 pts (Endives Casserole Bento : 1 serving of endives, minced pork/beef, lean bacon & potatoes)

Dinner : 10 pts (200g potatoes 4pts, 140g porkchop 6pts, yellow beans 0pts)

Snacks :

Unused : 16 pts

Drinks :   2.5L still water

Calorie counting according to FitBit:  1.581 kcal


No comments: