16 January 2012

Day 1 - an easy start

After giving myself two weeks into 2012 to get into the "weight loss mood" (if such a thing exists), I finally gathered up the courage to dive in at the deep end.  If I kept on testing the water and postponing the starting day of my "life changing diet" for all kinds of nonsensical reasons (can't start on a weekend, or in the middle of the week, don't feel like it today, ...) , I would never reach my goal of slimming down to a size 42 and showing off that gorgeous dress you can see on the right . If I am really honest, I'd much rather try and aim for a size 40 or even 38 but I need to stay realistic.  I already have quite a Herculean task cut out for me as it is ...  I don't feel confident enough to share my weight with the whole world, so let's just keep it to the fact that I hit the three digits a long time ago and would love to get a symbolic two digits weight again.

I was already a (sleeping) member of Weight Watchers so I merely needed to reactivate my account. I won't be going to any of their meetings, because they always make me feel rather out of place.  People whining about the mere 5 kg the need to lose, tend to work on my nerves. I know it shouldn't (because it is clearly an important issue for them) but in the light of the amount of weight I need to lose, their whining is petty.  So WW online it is.  I keep track of what I eat during the day on the WW website and have a separate blog where I post my daily bento boxes (see on the left), so this blog will mainly be here to document my (hopefully many) weight losses, and other aspects related to my slimming journey.

My first dieting day started with a technical problem : no more batteries in the scales and of course, no spare batteries around the house. So I will only be able to have my weigh in tomorrow morning.  I haven't quite figured out what would be the best day for a weekly weigh in : Monday (to start off the new week) or Friday (before any possible slip ups more likely to happen during weekend).  Something to ponder ...

I am rather pleased with my first day back on WW : I drank my 2+ liters of water, stayed away from the chocolates in the office fridge (very tempting), ate plenty of veggies and stayed within my allocated points budget.  Things are looking good and I hope they'll stay that way.

A successtory from the WW website will be an additional motivator : Johny's story.  If he could loose 82 kg without any gastric surgery or other invasive methods, surely I can reach my goal too (especially as I have less to lose than him).

The first step on my journey to a slimmer me has been taken ...

No comments: